Finding The Best Short-term office Space
This article goes into what you need to look for in terms of short-term office space if you are a lawyer or entrepreneur in the Washington DC area.
You might need office space from a few days to a couple more weeks, but that does not mean you need to settle some unprofessional looking bleak office space, or spend a bundle on renting for longer periods.
One of the most important reasons for requiring short-term office space is to reduce costs, yet still have the all the facilities of a fully functioning office at hand, at a moment’s notice. Modern office space can be much more expensive to maintain than it used to be with all the technology, services and facilities that are required on a day-to-day basis. When a company has to spend a large amount of money in paying for an office space, it eats away at the amount of money they can use to hire more talented employees or marketing investments.
So here are some of the general things to look for in short-term office:
- Reliable broadband internet access.
- The latest technology available
- Support staff, including receptionists, telephone operators, IT, and office managers.
- An open space that can be easily configured to the way that works best for you and your staff, be it a private space, open-plan or a shared space.
- If you will need to have meetings, training sessions or video conferences you will need access to a space that can be easily configured to your specific needs.
- You might also require a local prime business address, maybe something central that you can invite your customers too.
The short-term office space in Washington DC for lawyers will usually be for a fully loaded executive suite with all the features mentioned above. Depending on your requirements, you might also need a place that allows you some freedom to decorate your area with your own décor. This might include allowing you to paint your space and even add a logo.
Some of the best ways to find the short-term office space in Washington DC is to:
- Look at local listings magazines, Craigslist, Gumtree, etc.
- Some companies like Regus – a virtual office space provider has many available spaces worldwide that are easy to reach by public transport.
- The ever faithful Google is also your friend here, but do check each company out in an independent site such as the Better Business Bureau sites – You can usually find the company in the national BBB database, as well as the state (or regional) BBB and you should check both for the most comprehensive picture.
- Tapping into your Social Networks can sometimes bring you the very best deals. Ask your contacts and colleagues where they usually lease office space and if they found it satisfactory for the price and any other questions that are important for your situation.
Office Space in Washington DC
Washington DC is one of the best places to live and work in the United States. This is because the city is the seat of the national government, and the economy is booming. Most of the wealthiest places in America are the counties surrounding Washington DC. Having your office based in a trendy place like Washington DC is critical to promoting your business and its services. When looking a full-time office space, there are a number of things you need to know. These include:
Understand your business’s office needs
Businesses have different office needs depending on the scope of their services as well as the size of the business. Therefore, when looking for an office space for your business you need to understand the size of your business. This is so that you look for a space that will comfortably accommodate your business and all its office needs. Business offices need to be spacious to create a good impression on potential clients as well as allow for easy execution of tasks in the office.
Rent and other costs
Office spaces come with widely varying rent costs depending on factors like location, size and amenities offered. This is why before you settle on any full-time office space, you need to consider the rent charged for your preferred space. Only rent spaces that your business can comfortably afford both in the short and long run. The best way to ensure that you only settle for an affordable office space is by working with a budget. It is also important to note that other than rent, there are also other costs incurred when renting office spaces. These costs are such as utility bills (water & electricity) and security for other costs. Office spaces that incorporate these bills in the rent are an ideal option for any business and if this still a little too over budget, maybe take a look at a virtual office Washington DC.
Accessibility and surroundings
A business office should be in an easily accessible area. This is so that it becomes easy for the business to serve its clients and customers. Due to this, you should only consider renting office spaces that are located in easily accessible areas. In addition to this, you also need to ensure that the office space of choice is located in a clean neighborhood with proper communication and transport infrastructure. The best office space is that which is located in close proximity to amenities like banks, metro stations, and other high-end amenities that may be beneficial in the day to day running of the business.
When looking for a full-time office space, you need to schedule your search and probably consider hiring agents to help you in your search. Real estate agents are very resourceful as far as finding the best space to rent is concerned.